The Organization for Researching and Composing University Textbooks in the Humanities (SAMT)
The Organization for Researching and Composing University Textbooks in the Humanities (SAMT) is affiliated to the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Iran. The organization was established in 1985 by order of the Supreme Council of Cultural Revolution to provide scientific sources in the humanities needed by the Iranian universities, through organizing research, compiling and translating university textbooks, and also to help fulfil software movement in the humanities and Islamic Sciences.
The organization’s functions are as follows:
1.Composing, authoring and translating much-needed university books in the humanities, both in Persian and foreign languages.
2. Forging bonds between religious scholars and university professors to advance joint discussions on issues concerning the humanities related to the Islamic principles and issues.
3. Organizing research seminars and inviting scholars from Iran and around the world to conduct fundamental research in the humanities and related Islamic principles and issues, and publishing the results of such seminars in the form of essays, textbooks, and other educational sources for universities.
4. Promoting the organization’s scientific interactions with other similar institutes, in Iran and overseas, which lead research in the humanities and the Islamic Sciences, for scientific and research interchanges.
5. Providing the scientific and educational sources needed by the organization.
6. Taking the necessary measures for printing, publishing and selling thebooks/sources provided by the organization.
7. Inspecting the relevance of university textbooks in the humanities with the fundamentals of the Islamic Sciences and the Cultural Revolution to approve, revise or eliminate them.